0

DIY Ripped Jeans

♫ Listening to: Bob Sinclair Ft. Steve Edwards - World, Hold On

Today, I got a kick out of reading ideas for "reinventing" clothes. There are some pretty cool ideas, such as the t-shirt one w/ bleach + vinegar. Project Runway's Kevin Christiana shows how everyday boring denim can be turned into edgy worn-in jeans. All you need is a ... cheese grater (or sandpaper)! First, insert a cylindrical object into the pants (like a vase or mug), then start grating the jeans. I don't think I'd try that but I'd like to see how it would turn out. Hmmm...

A lot of TV programs are focusing on helping Americans adjust to the recession, not only in fashion but in other areas of life, such as cooking or home decorating. Do these ideas really help? Because my life has been barely affected by the recession and that's not because I'm filthy rich. How many middle class families are affected by the recession? I really don't know. Sure these shows are fun to watch, but I don't take them seriously as a source of information for conserving money.

0 comments:

Post a Comment